Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Grammatic Life

I always dreamed of becoming a bestseller author of a book or a renowned writer. Then life seems to get so busy and too dramatic that my writing skills are more of a free way of emotions in my life than a group of carefully chosen words that fit perfectly well. Without any grammatical error. Maybe my dream would still take its effect sooner or later. But I learned to love the life as I have right now as I also love writing about it in every way I can.


Life can really be frustrating like in finding the perfect words to fit in a sentence. As infuriating as it is on the never ending questions marks that we have in mind that were always left unanswered. Excitement and fun that we put as many exclamation points that we can just to express the intensity of what are feelings could be. And then there would be endings like what we use period for. When all has been said and done we say it with a period. Sometimes when we just need a break we say it with a comma. Or when there is still something worth saving for in a blur of words that we tried hard to make it sensible.

But life does not really makes sense most of the time like words and phrases lost in a mixed of feelings and thoughts. Then like any good writer who wants to send a message so everyone can relate to; I try to save the sentence. Like how I try to save my life in each and every day of my life. We are trying to be survivors like every run-on sentence that has the fear of being removed from a paragraph. We are all trying to make an impression and be a part of something to see our purpose.

So when a period, a comma or even an exclamation point is not necessary I save it with a semicolon. A semicolon can combine two contradicting sentences or how to independent clauses can be united in one sentence. A semicolon in our lives is like a hope that reaches out to a life close to surrendering. It does not always have to end with a period so we can start all over again. It is not really necessary questioning it and keep finding some answers when we do not really need to. We just have to keep on moving. We need to read along life as a sentence so we can see the real picture and understand it. As a person who writes often, I noticed how my sentences can be too long and how a semicolon can give meaning to it and let the person breathe as they read it. It helps me to connect a negative clause to its positive counterpart. A semicolon shows the faith of how bad things can eventually turn into a good thing. Like the tears that we cry that life gives us do not always have to end in sadness. It sometimes is the divide when smiling and laughing is not enough.

In every day that we have, in evry ticking of the clock everything has to move. I know my dream can be a period if it would end now or an exclamation point in the future. But right now I can be a comma or a semicolon. This is how dramatic or grammatic my life can be...

1 comment: